Your Time Has Expired…Please Leave! (How To Say it)
Can you please post an anonymous question? Today I had a table of two ladies stay for 5 hours. Their total was around $50 and tipped me $4 each. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to remind a table that their time has expired. I pre-bused everything, had other people go by and ask if they needed anything multiple times. I even sat at the next table clearly in their sight. I told them I was doing my final cleaning for the night if they needed me I would be in the kitchen. Nothing got thru to them. I was so close to getting fired. Finally I just took their napkins and glasses and said, “I’m just going to take these if you’re done”. They left at 11:45pm. I need good advice to get these people out please!Server Thoughts Tee’s
Server Thoughts Response: I would always prebuss everything except glasses! When I say everything I mean bev naps, straw paper, silver, cracker plastic, trash, etc, etc. I would then pick up the glasses and wipe the table clean and put the glasses back. This now removes anything to fidget with and take up time. This is the classic most tested method of “giving the hint” and works much of the time.
When this does not work, I would kill the music. This puts a get out mood fast. Then start stacking chairs. It depends on where you work. I have worked at places that would never allow these ideas.
Anyone else have some thoughts?
If you are a bad singer, you could break out your banjo and sing a song. Get creative.
You could always pull the fire alarm too
Please comment anonymously below.
Sort Our Posts
Recent Blog Posts
- Man Shot Outside Applebee’s
- Have two UN cashed checks and over 300 in cash from the weekend
- Obey Liquor Laws= Get Stiffed.
- Schedule Solutions?
- Called Me a Ditz And An Idiot for a Tip
- I Stiffed My Server. Is That Bad?
- Your Time Has Expired…Please Leave! (How To Say it)
- Singing Happy Birthday Against Copyright Laws?
- Tip The Host?
- Is Buffalo Wing Wings Banning Guns?
- Stressed out Server
- Customer Claims Food Had Bites Missing
- Customer Compliments Server On Social Media
- So Fast To Throw A Server Under The Bus
- $5 On $63…& a Hotel Key?